Alex is an award-winning bespoke Hand Embroidery practitioner for fashion, costume and textile art. Originally from the Lake District, Alex made the move to London when she started her training at the Royal School of Needlework. She specializes in the historic and prestigious Goldwork technique to showcase the fine art of embroidery whilst also ensuring the timeless craft is not lost. She has a passion for creating pattern through colour and texture by the updating and reinventing of traditional embroidery skills with the exploration of unconventional materials.
- Goldwork & Hand Embroidery for Upcoming Films & TV Series.
Ralph and Russo
- Freelance Hand Embroiderer.
Ralph and Russo
- Full-Time Hand Embroiderer Working in the Haute Couture Embroidery Finishing Team.
- Embroidery for their Haute Couture AW19/20, SS19 & AW18/19 Collections.
- Goldwork Embroidery for Disney's Mulan (2020).
M Industry London
- Internship, Hand & Machine Embroidery Assistant.
-Hand Embroidery for their AW17 Pre-Collection.
-Finishing of Garments for Private Clients.
Game of Thrones
-Collaborative Hand Embroidery & Mixed Media.
- Large Installation to Mark the Release of Season 6.
-Hand Embroidery for their RTW AW16 Collection.
Drawn and Formed, The Goldsmith’s Centre (London)
150 Years of the Royal School of Needlework: Crown to Catwalk, The Fashion and Textile Museum (London)
Emma Hunt’s Summer Exhibition of Cumbrian Creatives, The Rum Story (Whitehaven)
Hand & Lock: The Prize, Bishopsgate Institute (London)
New Designers, Business Design Centre (London)
RSN Degree Show, Hampton Court Palace (Surrey)
Knitting & Stitching Show, Alexandra Palace (London), Harrogate and Ireland
Off the Surface, Devon of Guild Craftsmen (Bovey Tracey)
Knitting & Stitching Show, Kensington Olympia (London)
Emerge Competition (Carlisle Hope Festival), Shortlisted.
Gold & Silver Wyre Drawers Award, Best Goldwork Embroidery in the Hand & Lock The Prize Competition.
Hand & Lock The Prize, 1st Place Winner in the Student Textile Art Category.
Make International Award (New Designers), Accommodation.
'Best Metal Thread Embroidery' Awarded by the RSN, Sponsored by the Worshipful Company of Gold and Silver Wyre Drawers.
'Dissertation Award' Awarded by the RSN Sponsored by The Arts Society (Greater London).
'Best Technical Stitch' Awarded by the RSN Sponsored by The Worshipful Company of Needlemakers.
'Most Promising First Year' Awarded by the RSN, Sponsored by Friends of the RSN.
University of Leeds
- MSc Textiles, Pass with Distinction.
Royal School of Needlework
- BA (Hons) Hand Embroidery for Fashion, Interiors, Textile Art, 1st Class
-A levels: A in Maths and Chemistry, B in Art
- AS levels: A in Maths and Chemistry, B in Art and Geography
- GCSEs: 4 A*s, 7As, 1B and 2 Distinctions
LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts)
-Grade 5 and 4: Distinction in Solo Acting
Central Saint Martins
- Short Course in Fashion Design